What Your Home Inspection Includes
As per State Regulations, your home inspection is governed by the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration Standards of Professional Practice for Home Inspectors. In addition, I also follow the more comprehensive International Association of Certified Home Inspectors Standards of Practice for Inspecting Residential Properties.
My Full Inspections include:
• roof, vents, flashings and trim;
• gutters and downspouts;
• skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations;
• decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
• eaves, soffit and fascia;
• grading and drainage;
• basement, foundation and crawlspace;
• water penetration and foundation movement;
• heating systems;
• cooling systems;
• main water shut-off valves;
• water heating system;
• interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
• drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
• electrical service line and meter box;
• main disconnect and service amperage;
• electrical panels, breakers and fuses;
• grounding and bonding;
• GFCIs and AFCIs;
• fireplace damper door and hearth;
• insulation and ventilation;
• garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
• and much more!
I encourage you to visit the following links and familiarize yourself with the Standards of Practice for Home Inspections:
Your Home Inspection Report is Very Detailed…
My Home Inspection reports average 40 to 70 pages and include plenty of full color digital photographs documenting problem areas, water and gas shut-off locations, and much more. (See a sample Inspection Report Here.) I include easy to understand comments giving details of problems along with plenty of other useful information. My reports are broken down into logical sections that show you the condition of each area of your home and property. And I include a summary section at the beginning of the report that highlights the most important findings from the inspection. I email your report in .pdf format within in hours of completing the inspection so you will have an electronic copy available for your records.
I inspect each and every home as if I were
moving in to it myself.
My average inspection takes 4 to 6 hours to complete. Some inspections can and do take longer depending on several factors including size, age, number of problems etc. I will not rush through an inspection. I take the time necessary to do the best possible job for you.
When I complete your inspection I will discuss each area of your home with you so that you will have a full understanding of the condition of your new home including the good features and the areas that might need attention.
Thanks for considering me for your Home Inspection! Please call me at
480-390-9970 and let me answer any questions you may have about your Home Inspection!